Tuesday, July 13, 2010

born to eat



This was my first attempt at re-creating a famous historical icon of our times. An inspiration to us all. A household celebrity name. A myth AND a reality--a mystic from beyond. The famous orange cat.



Since it was my first re-imagining of a preexisting cartoon I made the shirt for myself so there was less pressure. Clearly, I am born to eat, so it was fitting. Here, my friend Glasses is showing it off.



Each aspect of the cat face is individually cut and sewn.
All black accents and type are done in waterproof fabric paint.
The born to eat food stains are organically placed with different food & drink materials.



I have several more ideas for this series, so more orange cats to come! Message me on etsy to start one custom for you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment